Note: Until further notice we will not be able to accept nursing students for internship in our clinical programs.
Join thousands of healthcare providers across Florida working to provide health and dental care to the under served and uninsured. Opportunities are available in Department of Health facilities, non-profit organizations throughout the state, and in your office. Donated services under the Department of Health's Volunteer Programs are covered by state sponsored sovereign immunity protection.
Volunteers are needed for many programs and services at various locations throughout Orange County. Below is a list of our Internships which requires specific criteria for acceptance:
- Clinical/Medical/Nursing (PDF 10KB) *An active Affiliation or Fellowship Agreement with the Department of Health in Orange County is required.
- Applied Community Health Institute (PDF 104KB)
- Volunteer and Internship Application
The following are requirements for all Interns and Volunteers:
- All prospective volunteers are asked to fill out a Volunteer Services Application Once the application is received you will be called for an interview to ensure proper placement.
- Background screening is required for volunteers who are placed in areas which have access to confidential information or who have direct contact with clients.
- All volunteers are required to attend a volunteer orientation, and training if needed.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.