Coronavirus Prevention Reminders
July 02, 2020
As we near the Fourth of July holiday, the Florida Department of Health in Orange County encourages the community to practice universal precautions to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The COVID-19 virus spreads when people are close and talking, coughing or sneezing. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
As a reminder, the Florida Department of Health in Orange County always recommends everyday preventive actions to help impede the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Wearing a face covering / mask;
- Social Distancing - Avoid close contact with people;
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then disposing of the tissue;
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For additional information, visit the Florida Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.