Nurse Family Partnership
475 W. Story Rd
Ocoee, FL 34761
Pregnancy help for first time moms
Nurse-Family Partnership helps first-time moms, just like you, prepare for the birth of your child and gives you the support you need to achieve your heart's desire.
Nurse-Family Partnership is a free, voluntary program that partners first-time moms with nurses. When you enroll in the program, a trained nurse will visit you in your home until your baby turns two years old.
If you have questions, your nurse will help answer them. Your nurse helps you have a healthy pregnancy, gives you coaching on child development and empowers you to pursue your heart's desire. Your nurse will always be there for you, so you can be there for your baby!
Every dollar invested in NFP can yield more than five dollars in return.
- Improve pregnancy outcomes
- Improve child health and development
- Improve parents' economic self-sufficiency
Key Program Components:
- First-time, at-risk mothers
- Registered nurses
- Intensive services (intensity, duration)
- Focus on behavior
- Program fidelity
- Knowledge, judgment and skills
- High levels of trust, low stigma
- Credibility and perceived authority
- Nursing theory and practice at core of original model
Who can enroll in the program?
Any pregnant woman who:
- Is less than 28 weeks gestation
- Will be a first-time mother (first live birth)
- Meets low income requirements, such as Medicaid or WIC eligible
- Resides in designated zip codes in Orange County
For more information on the National Nurse Family Partnership program visit: http://www.nursefamilypartnership.org/first-time-moms