Family Planning and Prenatal Health
6101 Lake Ellenor Drive
Orlando, FL 32809
Receiving early prenatal care is important during pregnancy. Prenatal care reduces the risk of complications and poor birth outcomes. The value of prenatal care increases the earlier in pregnancy it is started.
Pre-term delivery, low birth weight babies, and maternal complications of pregnancy are major contributors to infant death. The prenatal period is critical to the health and growth and development of infants.
The Florida Department of Health in Orange County provides prenatal care to pregnant women who have an economic need for care.
Prenatal care services include:
- Comprehensive Prenatal Healthcare, education, and counseling
- Care provided by Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwives and Physicians
- Laboratory Services
- Pharmacy available at 832 W Central Blvd Orlando, FL 32805
- Sonograms offered at low cost
- Referrals to community resources
- Postpartum Care and Contraception
- Healthy Start Screenings
- Case managed care, assessment, and referrals from Healthy Start
- Boot Camp For New Dads and Childbirth classes provided by the Healthy Start Program
- WIC referrals including Breastfeeding education and support provided by WIC
- CenteringPregnancy® and CenteringParenting® via the Bellies, Babies, and Beyond program
- For detailed information about our Bellies, Babies, and Beyond Program please download our brochure (PDF 534KB).
Our dedicated staff is sensitive to multilingual and multicultural needs. Services are provided in a confidential manner. Pregnancy testing is available. FREE condoms are available; just walk in and ask.
Central Prenatal Express
We offer an express entry for pregnant women to complete Medicaid eligibility and same day prenatal care. The Central Prenatal Express is located at 832 W Central Blvd. Orlando, FL 32809, Room 418 where we can:
- Assist you in determining your qualifications for temporary Medicaid. (Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women) and the Prenatal Package
- If you are eligible, we will complete your initial prenatal exam.
- We also provide referrals for WIC, Healthy Start, a sonogram, and routine labs.
- Your next prenatal appointment will be scheduled at one of our 4 full service Women's Health offices.
The Central Prenatal Express, Lila Mitchell, Lake Ellenor, Lake Underhill and Eastside offices offer eligibility Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am - 5:30 pm. If you want to get started today or would like additional information, please call us at 407-858-1487. Early prenatal care is the best way to have a healthy pregnancy and baby!
Review the required documents and verification of income and bring the supporting documents with you for your appointment.
Proof of Identification (ID)- must be valid:
- FL state issued Driver's License
- FL state issued Learner's Driver Permit
- FL state issued Identification Card
- US Consulate Identification
Proof of Identification (ID)- must be valid and accompanied with a Verification of Address:
- US Government Identification
- U. S. Military Identification
- Passport or Visa
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- Certificate of Naturalization (DHS form N-550 or N-750)
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (DHS form N-560 or N-561)
Verification of Address-must be in Applicant's name (Household Member name accepted with a Verification Letter and one of the items listed below:
- Current lease agreement or Mortgage Statement
- Utility, Cable or Telephone Bill (issued within last 60 days)
- Most recent Tax Receipt notice
In order to make the eligibility process more efficient and convenient for our clients, Eligibility services are now available at program sites where health care services are provided.
Our eligibility services include: determining eligibility for specific programs and services, assessing clients' payment structure through a sliding fee scale, debt management referrals and assigning temporary Medicaid for eligible pregnant women. Eligibility services will now be available at the following locations:
Central Prenatal Express, Lila Mitchell Health Center and the South Side Health Center.
The Florida Department of Health in Orange County determines eligibility for women of child-bearing age who are interested in birth control methods. Clients may be eligible for a Florida Medicaid Family Planning Waiver or a sliding fee scale. You may elect to pay full fee for Family Planning services instead of completing our eligibility screening process.
Presumptive Eligibility for Medicaid
Applications for Presumptive Eligibility for Medicaid and assessments for the Prenatal Care Package are initiated through all 5 of our Women's Health Offices. To get started, just call us at 407-858-1487. The Women’s Health Eligibility Staff can help you with your application for Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women Medicaid.
Prenatal Care Package:
Please review the required documents and Verification of income section to the left and bring the supporting documents with you.
The Florida Department of Health in Orange County Prenatal Care Health Centers also offers a Prenatal Care Affordable Payment Option for those who do not qualify for Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women Temporary Medicaid or other Medicaid options. The Prenatal Package is $1500. This option includes routine prenatal office visits and routine prenatal laboratory tests.
A payment plan can be arranged. If you receive Medicaid coverage for the full term of your pregnancy, you may qualify for a partial or full refund on payments made toward this Prenatal Care Package.
Debt Management Services
- To help you meet your healthcare expenses, DOH-Orange is pleased to offer a convenient extended payment plan. Clients who participate will choose from one of three payment options available. For more information please contact the Debt Management Counselor at: 407-858-1458