Health Information Managment/Medical Records
Health Information Managment
Health Information Management (HIM) is dedicated to ensuring the privacy of protected health information while providing quality information to those we serve. HIM maintains the legal medical record for all Orange County Health Department clients.
The Health Information Management Department is responsible for providing clients, along with other requestors, copies of requested parts of the medical record/Immunization forms.
Department of Health in Orange County clients may visit any of the HIM locations to obtain a copy of their medical record.
How to obtain copies of your medical record:
- Complete ALL sections of the Authorization to Disclose Confidential Information Form (DH3203).
- Mail or hand deliver the completed form to any HIM office at the Orange County Health Department with non-expired state issued photo ID.
- Authorizations must be signed by the patient or the patient’s legal representative.
1. If the patient is a minor (under 18 years of age), the authorization must be signed by one of the parents or legally appointed guardian (must show proof of guardianship).
- Emancipated minors may sign their own authorizations.
2. If the patient is unable to sign by reason of physical or mental disability, the authorization should be signed by the next-of-kin or legally appointed guardian (must show proof).
3. Medical Record requests are processed within 5 business days.
NOTE: Immunization Forms are ONLY issued at the Central HIM Office.