Area 7 HIV & AIDS Surveillance
The HIV/AIDS Surveillance program collects, analyzes and disseminates data for Area 7 (Brevard, Orange, Osceola and Seminole County).
HIV Surveillance is the systematic collection, compilation, and analysis of HIV/AIDS morbidity and mortality data. Surveillance also involves the dissemination of HIV/AIDS data to concerned agencies and to the public. The public health system depends upon reports of disease to monitor the health of the community and to provide the basis for preventive action.
- The Area 7 HIV/AIDS Surveillance Office is responsible for reporting all positive HIV/AIDS cases to the Bureau of HIV / AIDS
- The Area 7A HIV/AIDS Surveillance Office serves Orange, Osceola, and Seminole Counties
- The Area 7B HIV/AIDS Surveillance Office serves Brevard County
Practitioner reporting requirement under Chapter 64D-3 FAC
- Greater than 13 years of age: Practitioners should report all HIV or AIDS cases within two weeks using the Adult HIV/AIDS Confidential Case Report Form (PDF 142KB).
- Greater than 18 months of age to 13 Years of age: Practitioners should report all HIV or AIDS cases within two weeks.
- Less than 18 months of age: Practitioners must report all HIV exposed newborns or infants born to a HIV infected woman by the next business day.
*CONFIDENTIAL CASE REPORT FORMS AND ALL OTHER CONFIDENTIAL HIV/AIDS INFORMATION CAN NOT BE FAXED OR EMAILED TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT. DO NOT SEND FORMS OR OTHER INFORMATION BEFORE RECEIVING DIRECTIONS ON CORRECT PROCESS FOR REPORTING*
How to Report
For instructions on completing the CDC Adult case report form for
Area 7A (Orange Osceola Seminole) please contact Denisia Vanterpool (407-723-5065)
Area 7B contact Diane Franta (321-639-5802 x1708)
- Florida Case Reporting Form (PDF 142KB)
The data collected is used to plan, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS interventions and inform the public of current trends in the disease.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention HIV/AIDS Statistics
- Florida Department of Health HIV/AIDS Surveillance
- CDC HIV Surveillance Reports
- Report HIV Infections Regardless of AIDS Status January 2016 - December 2016- Area 7 Florida (PDF 1MB)
- HIV/AIDS Surveillance Data Summary - Cumulative through September 30, 2014 - Area 7 Florida (PDF 72KB)
- Area 7 HIV/AIDS Surveillance Perintal Report 2015-2016 (PDF 920KB)
- Persons Living with AIDS - Area 7 Florida Reported through September 30, 2016 (PDF 39KB)