Family Planning and Prenatal Health
6101 Lake Ellenor Drive
Orlando, FL 32809
Family Planning Services:
- Comprehensive family planning care for minors and adult clients of child bearing age.
- Education and counseling on all methods of birth control with providers certified in Nexplanon and IUD insertions.
- Developing your Reproductive Life Plan is an important part of your care.
- Referrals for specialty care for colposcopy and cryosurgery procedures and follow up for abnormal PAP tests.
- Sterilization counseling for women and men at and over the age of 21 years
- Vasectomy Procedures for males over 21 years of age who are uninsured or underinsured.
- Low cost or no cost pregnancy testing.
- Emphasis on education for prevention of STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections) including HIV and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Treatment of STIs as part of your family planning care.
Family Planning plays a key role in the prevention of unintended pregnancy, including adolescent (teen) pregnancy. The prevention of unintended pregnancies has a positive effect on the improvement of birth outcomes.
In addition, family planning information, education and services reduce both the incidence and impact of sexually transmitted diseases through education, screening and treatment.
The Florida Department of Health in Orange County provides health services to those who are able to become pregnant and are in need of contraception. We will assist you in the development of your Reproductive Life Plan.
Services are provided in a confidential manner. Fees are based on eligibility determination. Family Planning services are usually provided to teens at no cost.
We provide services for the uninsured as well as Medicaid, including Family Planning Medicaid Waiver, Medicaid HMOs, and some private insurance plans.
Eligibility for Family Planning Our eligibility services include: determining eligibility for specific programs and services, assessing clients' payment structure through a sliding fee scale, debt management referrals women. Eligibility services for Family Planning are available at the Eastside Site-12050 East Colonial Drive Bldg. A Orlando 32826 The Florida Department of Health in Orange County determines eligibility for women of child-bearing age who are interested in birth control methods. Clients may be eligible for a Florida Medicaid Family Planning Waiver or a sliding fee scale. You may elect to pay full fees for Family Planning services instead of completing our eligibility screening process.
Family Planning Methods
The Florida Department of Health in Orange County provides Family Planning Methods for you to choose from. These include:
Barrier Methods put up a block or barrier that keeps the sperm from reaching the egg.
- Female Condom
- Male Condom
Hormonal Methods prevent pregnancy by interfering with ovulation, fertilization, and/or implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Combined pill (“The pill”)
- Progestin-only pill (“Mini-pill”)
- The Patch
- Shot/Injection (Depo-Provera)
- Vaginal Ring (NuvaRing)
Implantable Devices are inserted into the body and left in place for several years.
- Nexplanon (single rod)
- IUD / IUS (Paragard, Mirena and Liletta)
Permanent Birth Control Methods are for people who are sure they never want to have a child or they do not want more children.
- Female Sterilization (Tubal Ligation or Essure)
- Male Sterilization (Vasectomy)
Emergency Contraceptives should only be used if a woman’s primary method of birth control fails.
For more information regarding these methods.
Pregnancy Testing (urine/blood testing) is available. Services are provided in a confidential manner. Call 407-858-1487 for more information and a location near you!
Results are available immediately. The test cost is covered by Medicaid for those who are eligible. Fees are charged on a sliding scale based on income and are determined through an eligibility process.
We accept Medicaid, including Family Planning Medicaid Waiver and some insurances. Services to most minors are FREE and do not require parental consent.