Healthy Start Programs and Services
475 W. Story Rd
Ocoee, FL 34761
For more than 30 years, Healthy Start has been providing assistance to pregnant women, interconceptual women, infants, and children up to age three to obtain the health care and social support needed to reduce the risks for poor maternal and child health outcomes.
Healthy Start offers care coordination services to all pregnant women and infants regardless of their socioeconomicstatus to ensure that early care is directed to those families where there is the best chance of preventing or minimizing adverse outcomes.
Nurse Family Partnership is a voluntary program that partners first-time moms with nurses. It is an evidence-based, community health program that operates under the umbrella of Healthy Start to transforms lives of vulnerable, first-time mothers living in poverty by improving prenatal care, quality of parenting and life prospects for mothers by partnering them with a registered and trained home visiting nurse.
Bellies, Babies and Beyond program is a Healthy Start initiative designed to work with women and their families before, during and after pregnancy, engaging pregnant women and continuing to serve the family through the baby’s second birthday.
Below are details about our services:
- Healthy Start Services
For more than 30 years, Healthy Start has been providing assistance to pregnant women, interconceptual women, infants and children up to age three to improve pregnancy outcomes and help children get a healthy start in life. Healthy Start services are provided at no cost. Our goal is to help you have the healthiest pregnancy and baby possible. Participation in the program is completely voluntary and all information provided is kept strictly confidential.
Services provided by the program include:
- Assistance in Finding a Prenatal Care Provider
- MomCare Choice Counseling
- Prenatal Education and Support
- Newborn Care Education and Support
- In-Home Assessments, Care Coordination and Support
- Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Childbirth Education
- Childbirth classes
- Parenting Education
- General Parenting Education, visit Healthy Start Coalition of Orange's Web Site
- Workshops for Expectant Fathers
- Boot Camp for New Dads Workshops, visit: Healthy Start Coalition of Orange's Web Site
- Car Seat Safety Education, visit: Healthy Start Coalition of Orange's Web Site
- Safe Rides for Babies Class Schedule (PDF 588KB)
- Nutrition Education
- Help to Quit Smoking
- Supportive Counseling
- Referrals to other community resources
For more information on the Healthy Start Program and services, call 407-858-1472.
- Healthy Start Coalition of Orange County
- HRSA Maternal Child Health Bureau
- Prosperitas Leadership Academy
- Advent Health for Women
- Howard Phillips Center for Children and Families
- Winnie Palmer Hospital
- Health Central Hospital
- Orange County Corrections Facility Female
- Community Health Centers: Apopka and Pinehills
- Easy Access Women’s Health Clinic
- Covenant House
- Center for Pregnancy
- Heart of Florida United Way
- Centering Healthcare Institute
- Nurse Family Partnership
- March of Dimes
- Florida Association of Healthy Start Coalitions
- Boot Camp for New Dads
- ACCESS Florida
- Women’s Health
- Text 4 Baby
- Heart of Florida United Way 211
- Harbor House
- La Leche League
- Girls Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Florida Health Note: If you disire to remain on this page right click on the link and select "Open in new window"
- Department of Children and Families
- Stayteen Games
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (Calculate Your Body Mass Index)
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Insitute (Health Weight Basics)
- Family Doctor.org Breast Problems
- CDC Folic Acid Quiz
- Nurse Family Partnership
Pregnancy help for first time moms
Nurse-Family Partnership helps first-time moms, just like you, prepare for the birth of your child and gives you the support you need to achieve your heart's desire.
Nurse-Family Partnership is a free, voluntary program that partners first-time moms with nurses. When you enroll in the program, a trained nurse will visit you in your home until your baby turns two years old.
If you have questions, your nurse will help answer them. Your nurse helps you have a healthy pregnancy, gives you coaching on child development and empowers you to pursue your heart's desire. Your nurse will always be there for you, so you can be there for your baby!
Every dollar invested in NFP can yield more than five dollars in return.
- Improve pregnancy outcomes
- Improve child health and development
- Improve parents' economic self-sufficiency
Key Program Components:
- First-time, at-risk mothers
- Registered nurses
- Intensive services (intensity, duration)
- Focus on behavior
- Program fidelity
- Knowledge, judgment and skills
- High levels of trust, low stigma
- Credibility and perceived authority
- Nursing theory and practice at core of original model
Who can enroll in the program?
Any pregnant woman who:
- Is less than 28 weeks gestation
- Will be a first-time mother (first live birth)
- Meets low income requirements, such as Medicaid or WIC eligible
- Resides in designated zip codes in Orange County
For more information on the National Nurse Family Partnership program visit: http://www.nursefamilypartnership.org/first-time-moms
- Bellies, Babies and Beyond
Bellies, Babies and Beyond program is a Healthy Start initiative designed to work with women and their families before, during and after pregnancy, engaging pregnant women and continuing to serve the family through the baby’s second birthday. Families receive home visitation, case management, health education, perinatal depression screening, reproductive life planning, counseling and the opportinuty to participate in male involvement workshops, among other activities, to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth and developmental outcome.
Are you pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant? Do you have a baby under 18 months? Are you a new father in need of support?
Contact Bellies, Babies and Beyond Program for:
- Fun and educational parenting classes
- Case Management Services
- Fatherhood Empowerment
Or you can fill out our Bellies, Babies & Beyond Inquiry Form
For more information call: 407-723-5292
Address: 5151 Raleigh Street Suite B, Orlando, FL 32811